I am so excited to become involved with Green Gestures, Make a Green Gesture campaign. Green Gestures has a mission to protect the environment by reducing paper waste by creating a more sustainable way to shop and bring weekly ads to a digital age.
“The Make a Green Gesture campaign is a program we developed where, for every blog or website that writes a short post about our campaign, Retale™ will plant a tree to help take a step to compensate for that site’s long-term carbon footprint.”
Did you know?
- Every year the average US adult receives 41 lbs. of junk mail.
- 100 million trees in America are cut down annually in order to produce the paper on which catalogs, weekly ads, and circulars are printed
- The production, disposal, and/or recycling of this unwanted, unopened mail in the United States requires more energy than would be needed to power 3 million cars and uses more water than 40,000 Olympic-size swimming pools.
- Recycling just one ton of paper saves 7,000 gallons of water, 3.3 cubic yards of landfill space, enough energy to power the average American household for 6 months, and reduces greenhouse gas emissions by one metric ton.
- The EPA estimates 62 million tons of paper waste in generated in the U.S. each year.
- The average American consumes more than 700 pounds of paper per year, by far the highest per capita use of paper in the world.
For more information visit http://retale.com/green.
So, I am rallying for Green Gestures to plant a tree for Inheriting Our Planet to help reduce the long term effects of my blogs carbon footprint!